It can be tough to eat healthy while at work. All the sugary and trans fat loaded foods in the break room makes it even more difficult. Besides, with all the time constraints it’s a wonder some people have time for a meal at all!
While indulging in your favorite piece of candy or a savory snack is okay in moderation, you don’t want to overdo it and risk any health issues. That begs the question, what’s a healthy snack that you can bring to work? Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Nuts & string cheese – a low-carb option with a great source of protein, nuts and cheese will satisfy your hunger and give you the energy to power through the day.
- Fruit & nuts – the fruit provides a healthy amount of carbs and some fiber, while the nuts offer protein
- Greek yogurt – another great source for protein to get you to your next meal, and provides probiotics to keep you regular and healthy
- Hummus with raw veggies – hummus is part of the ‘Mediterranean diet’ and provides many vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, riboflavin, phosphorus and more
- Cottage cheese – in addition to protein, cottage cheese is a great source of vitamin B-12, Calcium, and phosphorus
As you probably noticed, protein is the common denominator for just about all of those choices. That’s because protein is key to satisfying your cravings. It gives you energy and keeps you full, helping you focus on your work and getting through the day.